We at Mint understand all aspects of home extensions and renovations, of course! But, what we also very much appreciate is that to an extent, every job can be different. We find that each home-owner customer will have certain particular wants and needs from their extension and we need to be sure we deliver just what is needed in all respects.
We appreciate and understand that the right pre-project conversation is an essential to understand the variables and nuances being sought from ANY extension project by the home-owner. They themselves, of course are (hopefully) very motivated to see to it that they do indeed get the most they can out of the finish and layout of their planned home extension project.
But, having said this, key also, is that their new extension integrates and fits effectively with the current design and layout of the remainder of their property. For sure, additional spaces can help home-owners unlock the future potential of their home. But, while allowing the successful creation of the right amount of planned space that achieves what is needed for the home-owner, any extension MUST also be balanced and fit with the property’s general ‘personality’ image.
The development, design and planning permission stages as an extension project ‘comes to life’, often focuses on exteriors – how the neighbours will be affected, whether it’s in keeping with the rest of the area and how it flows with the rest of the building. But, it’s fair to say that top of home-owner’s list is how the planned home extension eventually on completion enhances day-to-day life….down at your place!
We at Mint can guide, assist and demonstrate to all our valued home-owner clients how to plan the design of your extension to add the space, comfort and, very importantly these days, the monetary value to your home, that you wish to realise when your extension is finished.
We, of course, understand, and have worked on numerous examples of various stylish and much-admired home extension project layouts. We understand what works well and what doesn’t. We can guide all those major layout decisions that you may be facing and certainly, as you would expect, we know what will work well and why other discussed ideas just might not do so.
We will also discuss the fundamentals of home extension layout design, the role of an architect and some of the inherent areas of initial concern and uncertainty that to be fair many home-owners have as they begin an extension or renovation . It’s a fact that a remark seen online recently at urbanistarchitecture.co.uk made a very strong point ….that was that ….“Good home extension layout configuration and should look and feel like it has always been there. High quality design adds value to your property and makes your home a pleasure to live in” Sound thoughts there indeed!
Finally, just a guiding summary below also compliments of urbanistarchitecture.co.uk– as to those overall extension options for your consideration. These might assist you perhaps to work out the best home extension approach and space choices for you and your family.
For sure, these choices can be tricky and will depend on the limitations of your property and the overall valuable space that be can found for your planned extension project. A guiding suggestion – when you think about your extension… make sure you think just as much about your home as it is… and how you use it now. That is important! Lots to think on – but we, of course, are here to help all home-owners in Cheltenham and The Cotswolds get their project decisions on track and successful at all stages.
Home Extensions Types (from urbanistarchitecture.co.uk)
1. Basement Extensions: Creating a space beneath your home, usually to provide entertainment spaces or additional spaces to your home. This will add an additional storey to your home.
2. Rear Extensions: To the rear of your property, single or double storey in height.
3. Side Extensions: To the side of your property, single or double storey in height.
4. Double Storey Rear / Side Extensions: Adding rooms to your first floor as well as the ground floor, either to the side or to the rear.
5. Wrap around Extensions: At the side and rear of your property,usually single storey.
6. Dormer Loft Extensions: Extension to the rear roof slope in a box-like style.
7. Hip to Gable Loft Extensions: Alteration of the entire roof type to become a larger internal space for conversion into habitable space.
8. Mansard Extensions: Creating additional space by altering the rear roof slope and converting into a habitable space.
9. Additional Floor Extensions: Adding an entire floor onto your property. This also means raising the roof height an extra floor level.
Refurbishment, improvement and extension of your home. Mint offers a full development and finishing service to add value to your home. We are here to help with any questions or concerns you may have. We have all the expert contacts on hand to help you.
Whatever your need, please request your quotation to improve, refurbish or extend your home . Contact Mint Builders on 01242 279739 or email email@example.com